This policy applies to comments and content submitted to U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) social media sites.
The USPSTF encourages the public to share comments on social media posts to promote an active exchange of ideas. The USPSTF reserves the right to remove content that is inconsistent with the following policy.
The USPSTF will remove posted content if it contains:
- Vulgar, profane, or abusive language; personal attacks of any kind; inappropriate religious, sexual, political, or racial references; or unsupported accusations.
- Endorsements of commercial products, services, organizations, or other entities.
- Endorsements of political parties, candidates, or groups.
- Content that infringes on copyright.
- Solicitation of funds.
- Comments on any ongoing investigation.
- Procurement-sensitive information related to any current or future USPSTF-related acquisitions.
- Surveys, polls, questionnaires, etc., subject to OMB Paperwork Reduction Act clearance.
- Content that includes information (for example, Social Security numbers or insurance policy data) that personally identifies a commenter or other unique individual in a manner deemed unnecessary or inappropriate for the channel.
All submitted content is understood to reflect the opinion of the commenter, and its appearance on a USPSTF channel does not indicate that it reflects the official views of the USPSTF.
Any reaction by the USPSTF to submitted content (“liking,” etc.) is indicative of a response solely to the content itself and not an endorsement of the commenter or any of the commenter’s other activity.
The USPSTF welcomes submissions of comments and related content at any time. Comments and content will be reviewed as soon as possible.