Prostate Cancer: Screening
Release Date: May 2012
This topic is in the process of being updated. Please go to the Update in Progress section to see the latest documents available.
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends against prostate-specific antigen (PSA)-based screening for prostate cancer.
|The USPSTF recommends against the service. There is moderate or high certainty that the service has no net benefit or that the harms outweigh the benefits|
Related Information for Health Professionals
- Prostate Cancer - Clinical Summary of USPSTF Recommendation, 2012
- Prostate Cancer - How Did the USPSTF Arrive at This Recommendation? (2012)
- Prostate Cancer Screening Statistics at a Glance, 2012
- Recommendations from The Community Preventive Services Task Force on Promoting Cancer Screening
- Talking With Your Patients About Screening for Prostate Cancer, 2012
- Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.
Internet Citation: Final Update Summary: Prostate Cancer: Screening. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. September 2016.