Hepatitis C: Screening
Release Date: June 2013
Summary of Recommendations
|Adults at High Risk|
The USPSTF recommends screening for hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in persons at high risk for infection. The USPSTF also recommends offering 1-time screening for HCV infection to adults born between 1945 and 1965.
See the Clinical Considerations for more information on risk factors for HCV infection.
- Reducing Risk for Mother-to-Infant Transmission of Hepatitis C Virus: A Systematic Review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- Comparative Effectiveness of Antiviral Treatment for Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Adults: A Systematic Review
- Editorial: Expanded Hepatitis C Virus Screening Recommendations Promote Opportunities for Care and Cure
- Screening for Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Adults: Comparative Effectiveness Report
- Treatment for Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Adults: Comparative Effectiveness Report
Internet Citation: Final Update Summary: Hepatitis C: Screening. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. September 2016.