Prostate Cancer: Screening
Release Date: May 2012
|Men, Screening with PSA|
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends against prostate-specific antigen (PSA)-based screening for prostate cancer.
|The USPSTF recommends against the service. There is moderate or high certainty that the service has no net benefit or that the harms outweigh the benefits|
Related Information for Health Professionals
- Prostate Cancer - Clinical Summary of USPSTF Recommendation, 2012
- Prostate Cancer Screening Statistics at a Glance, 2012
- Talking With Your Patients About Screening for Prostate Cancer, 2012
- Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.
- Recommendations from The Community Preventive Services Task Force on Promoting Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer - How Did the USPSTF Arrive at This Recommendation? (2012)
Current as of: September 2013
Internet Citation: Recommendation Summary. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. September 2014.